Saturday, July 29, 2006

Squee!

Wow! I honestly didn't think we'd make it over a hundred dollars, but now we're over 2 hundred dollars. Rock on, sponsors!

Special thanks go to our most recent sponsor through the 'thon site, Hop (whom I only know through Sarah, and whom I fondly refer to as Mr. On Pop...even though I probably shouldn't...). And thanks also go to the fabulous, knitterly Lisa who donated through paypal. Yea for you guys! And yea for all our sponsors! We really can't thank you enough for the good things your kindness and generosity will bring.

I don't think I've turned into a cat lady because I really think of cat ladies as folks who have more cats than they can manage and who really shouldn't own cats because they can't take care of themselves either. I'm a cat enthusiast, I think (I also love dogs...and penguins and pigeons and squirrels and llamas and horses and mooses and meeces), and I think of my enthusiasm and interest as something that ultimately links me with a lot of other people.

Many folks have commented about their cats, many folks have blogs and flickr accounts packed with pictures and videos and anecdotes about their kittle ones, and many folks are blogging because they love their animals. I love that. I love that all these people have found joy and companionship in furry things. So, if I may be so bold, I offer all of you animal-lovers out there a great big ol' karmic hug. And give your little furry buddies a pat or a scratch behind the ear or a milk bone. They really make our days brighter, don't they?

1 Comments:

At July 29, 2006 8:50 PM, Blogger rebecca said...

mister burns and cutie pie give both of you a big karmic lick for doing this for FFUR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home