Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Book of Questions

A few weeks ago, a woman from work died. She'd had breast cancer that mestasticized to her brain. I didn't know her because she went on FMLA a few weeks before I started with the company. But I was still sad because someone had died, and I don't do well with death.

A lot of people at work were sad because she'd been there for 20 years and was friends with a lot of them.

Anyway, last week they started the job of cleaning out her cube (which must have been very hard for her friends). They got four big boxes of books and put them out for all of us to take what we wanted, because the woman who died said that's what she wanted done with them.

I got four books (two for Krista and two for me). One of them was The Book of Questions. I thought it might be helpful during the 'thon.

So, I've decided that when I can't come up with a post of my own, I will turn to a random question in the book, pose it to readers (leave answers in the comments!) and answer it myself.

Here we go.

Question #120: Would you accept $10,000 to shave your head and continue your normal activities sans hat or wig without explaining the reason for your haircut?

Yes. Dude, it's just hair. It will grow back. That's what I never understand about the makeover shows (WNTW and How Do I Look?). The women always spazz out about their hair and how they won't look feminine and their husband won't like it and blah if it's short. IT WILL GROW BACK. Just get over it. And whatever the stylists do will look better than what you're doing because you're on a make over show so clearly don't know what you're doing.

So for money? That would pay off all my debt except student loans? Fuck yes I'd shave my head.

1 Comments:

At July 30, 2006 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, I think that most men wouldn't even hesitate on that one. Most wouldn't need the money, just a combination of alcohol, boredom, and fear of becoming That Guy With the Combover.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home