Saturday, July 29, 2006

Seattle

Next Saturday, I fly to Seattle for a work conference. I'll be there until Thursday, when I fly out at ass o'clock am and get back to Philly at ass o'clock pm.

I'll be working from about 8am to about 6pm or 7pm S, M, T, W. I do have a friend in Seattle, who I haven't really talked to in about 5 years, but we reconnected a couple weeks ago when I found out he lives in Seattle now. So I'll be hanging out with him Saturday night after I get settled in the hotel.

My question is: what should I do in Seattle after I get done working every night after that? Krista was there at the end of May for a work conference, but she was there with people and did stuff with them and went to yarn stores. I'm not so into that.

I kinda want to go to the sci-fi museum, but I assume it'll be closed in the evenings.

Are there any stores or tourists spots I need to go to while I'm there and CAN go to in the evening? Any places only locals would know about that I should/can hit while I'm there?

Since I won't have a computer I can't just hole up in the hotel and blog at night, so I want to go out and DO things while I'm there (assuming I'm not so exhausted from work that I pass out without getting undressed).

So, let me know what I should do while I'm there!

3 Comments:

At July 29, 2006 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No ideas, but I'm kinda jealous because I want to go to Seattle!

 
At July 29, 2006 4:15 PM, Blogger rebecca said...

The Experience Music Project http://www.emplive.org/ was really fun....there's little sound booths where you can play with different instruments and it's really fun. i looked it up and it's open til 8

 
At July 29, 2006 4:19 PM, Blogger Rickie said...

Aw, you're in Philly? I just moved from there two months ago and I miss it terribly.

Good luck with your blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home