Saturday, July 29, 2006

Aaaaaand we're back!

I had a lovely time this afternoon with Marguerite. We met up at Capogiro where I had some awesome canteloupe sorbet and some less-awesome-than-the-last-time-I-had-it apricot sorbet. Then we wandered around Chinatown looking for a paper lamp cover and some chimey stress balls. I found lots of very cute tiny ceramic kitties, but it wasn't meant to be.

Sarah wanted me to bring the camera so I could catalog my adventures, but I didn't find much of interest to photograph. I did get a very short video of some live crabs in a basket. Let me tell you, they were some angry little mothers. I'm terribly easy to amuse.

When we finally found what we were looking for, we hopped over to Saigon Kosher Vegetarian Restaurant. Yes, Jimmy, that's the one that amused you so when we wandered around Chinatown. I can say they were okay, but I can't say I was impressed enough to go back. Visually, their fake meat was quite realistic. Each dish was far too sweet though, and my fake beef tasted like one of those Jif Sensations from a few years ago--you know, the cinnamon-flavored peanut butter. Eh.

We did a bit more shopping around for some things M was looking for, and homeward I came. Alltogether, it was a pretty darned good afternoon. Even the heat wasn't so horrifying. Yea!

I am a bit tired though from all the wandering about. And I'm not sure how I'd best like to relax. Sarah likes watching movies, but I prefer to veg with bad television. More than that, I prefer to listen to my kind of music and read or knit. I guess we shall see what comes about for me. What are you up to?

2 Comments:

At July 29, 2006 7:18 PM, Blogger rebecca said...

crap, i should have told you about Charles Plaza....they have amazing, un-MSGed food (meat and vegan).

i just had a two hour nap, which i totally didn't mean to take, and i had to yell at some kids throwing the stones from my front "yard". now i need to rummage around the kitchen for some dinner, do a few little chores and watch some movies, because i promised myself that today was a day to slack...haven't had one of those in months.

 
At July 29, 2006 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that I remind you of random Asian restaurants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home