Saturday, July 29, 2006

Catching Up (Not Really)

So I just poked through some myspace profiles of people with whom I graduated college. On the one hand, it's interesting to see how everyone seems to have headed for 'the big city' and settled in Chi-town. Nothing wrong with that...I loved Chicago the few times I got to go.

But then there are the folks who're out there doing things that I want/ed to be doing. People who live places I want to live or took all this time figuring out what they wanted, and now they're doing it. Like even if I figure out exactly what it is that I want to do, and it involves going back to school, I can't do that for a couple more years. There's a line from a really depressingly beautiful Ani DiFranco song that goes, 'You're turned up to top volume, and you're just sitting there in pause,' and even though I know I'm not alone, that pretty much sums everything up. I'm figuring out a few things. I'm starting to recognize what I want to do and how I want to get there and where I want to go and be, but I'm just here. Not going anywhere.

Old hat blogging, especially from me. I know. But if I say it a thousand times in different ways, it's still true, and I still don't know what to do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home